Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting Around the "Great Firewall of China"

Whooops... I recently just sent my blog link to some friends who are already in China and they said that they can't open the url. This means that the Chinese firewall is doing what it's supposed to block Americans from sharing their views in China. In the next few weeks I'm going to have to find a way of getting around the firewall. Maybe I'll start using another website that isn't run by Blogspot, but in any case I'll still use this url until I leave on June 17, and I'll keep you updated if I change any urls. I have friends who have blogged from China before so it's definitely not too difficult, and I've heard that the web restrictions are going to be a little more lax this summer so as not to be too inconvenient to tourists.

1 comment:

Tim said...

A-

To circumvent the "Great Firewall", use Tor: http://tor.eff.org

-Tim